HAPPY NEW YEAR!
(I hope it’s still acceptable to say this)
With the start of the new year, I’ve taken a step up the ladder and turned a year older…sigh.
But hey, another year older, another year wiser.
Before my “birthday month” is officially over (not that I’m one to indulge in the idea of this to begin with), I wanted my first 2018 blog post to mark my twenty-third year.
And also if I were to be brutally honest, I wanted to make use of these numerical balloons – hey, dontcha be judgin’.
So here are 23 things I’ve slowly but surely figured out, well that’s at least how I like to think of it as.
1. Feeling lost is O.K.A.Y.
2. Staying in sounds way more appealing
3. To live your own dream
4. Saying YES more often and NO a little less – obviously most applicable with particular beverages
5. Your body is not sixteen anymore – so night outs every weekend, na-ah
6. Appreciating the little things, like leaving work on time
7. Giving yourself a break, ideally a 6 month vacation, twice a year
8. Losing touch with friends is normal
9. Fear is an emotion in your control – but also not when you’re reaching closer to the big quarter of a century milestone
10. Self control
11. Knowing your comfort zone
12. Seek help when you need it the most
13. Not dwelling on the small things
14. Accepting disappointment in moderation – but not when restaurants say they don’t have a vegetarian menu
15. Love, respect and care for yourself (more)
16. Finding me-time
17. Adjusting to changes just like the wavering Instagram algorithms
18. Not all filters are good
19. You’re not what others say you are
20. Being unapologetic
21. Forever 21 sounds more like Never 21 – because you finally understand investing in quality and also because of the name, duh
22. Can no longer associate myself to Taylor Swift’s ‘Feeling 22’
23. Having your life NOT figured out is natural because you have your entire life ahead of you
Again, that’s what I tell myself every year! Hehe